1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 3 Practicals

Discussion in 'Science' started by Goat2, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Goat2

Goat2 New commenter

Tried reading Pearson's webpages but no indications as to how they are expecting us to complete units that have required practicals. We were just about the start Unit 3 - Investigations which ends in a weeks fieldstudy.( or did until lockdown!) so have I missed a post that says how we can cover a mandatory unit like that?

2. lucy234

lucy234 New commenter

As far as I am aware because it is an examined unit students will be given a predicted grade similar to how the GCSE and A levels are awarding but we are still waiting for internal unit confirmation though I think it will be predictions based on assignment work that have already been completed. My students sat unit 1 at January so I think they will use them results to help with the predicted grades

citct likes this.
  3. citct

citct New commenter

Assuming you are referring to year 13 students due to leave school, presumably you have enough evidence of previous internal assessment assignments as well as the mandatory external assessments, to make a grade recommendation based upon the evidence. Maybe Pearson will suggest to Ofqual that a similar statistical model is developed for BTECs, as due for GC(S)Es