1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 3 getting started - help please?

Discussion in 'Science' started by clairecramer, Jun 21, 2018.

1. clairecramer

clairecramer New commenter

Hi, We're starting delivery of BTEC Level 3 Applied Science next year, but getting approval from Edexcel/Pearson is proving a nightmare! Even though we're a large secondary school, and already an Edexcel centre for GCSE, A level and BTEC level 3, I have to start from scratch and prove we're fit to teach the course, we have the appropriate facilities for external examinations, and show them all the documentation I'm planning to use (even though that's all provided by them anyway!). They want copies of our health and safety policy and latest JCQ inspection... the list just goes on and on!

Is this normal? I think I've just about cobbled all the info together from the relevant people, but it all seems so unnecessary! I'm aware of what BTEC is like to teach and assess and wasn't put off by any of that (I've done it before and my opinion is its fine as long as you're organised!), but this is starting to worry me now! We have pupils counting on us to have the course up and running by September - am I even likely to have received approval by then?!

Any thoughts on the matter most welcome!