1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with LAMDA Added Qualification????

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by lozbloke, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Hello folks!
    I am a lecturer of FE Level 3 performing arts and am thinking of introducing LAMDA exams as added qualifications to supplement the BTEC.
    I know that LAMDAs sit on the QCF at Levels 1-3 (and Level 5 for HE) and the LAMDA website states that they have been approved for public funding from the LEA.
    So, the question I want to know is....can a student(s) (16-18 yrs) who is currently doing say, a BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, also take a LAMDA course alongside and have it funded?
    Many thanks for your help in advance!

2. Yes, ours do.

3. Excellent!
    Im trying to raise hours within our department with added qualifications, and the LAMDA's seem the perfect choice, and will further the student's experience.
    Ill speak to our LEA on Monday!

4. Good luck! We also ran the RADA exams for a while but have cut back on those, some of the lower level students found them much more difficult and not as enjoyable. Hope you get it sorted, it works well for us.

5. Brill!
    And you definitely get the extra funding for your BTEC students to do this? Sorry to clarify, but this is the sticking point for us :)

Laurie

6. Yes, definitely.