1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 3 exciting lesson ideas needed!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by reddhedd, May 15, 2012.

1. reddhedd

reddhedd New commenter

I am in the process at looking at assignments to deliver to my post-16 group in September. Through year 12 they have covered Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 28 (websites) and Unit 42 (spreadsheets).
    The interests of our students lies mainly in the graphic design/animation sector, so I have been looking at Unit 31 Computer animation. This looks a good solid unit with plenty of scope for a variety of activities and creative learning. I have the basis of an assigment written, but what I think I have struggled with this past year is delivering intersting, engaging lessons that don't just focus on completing the assessment criteria.
    Could anybody give any tips on how to add variety and a bit of spark to the learning on this course? I am also looking at lining up a couple of trips and guest speakers, as this is not something we have had the capacity to do this past year.
    Don't know if it's because we're in the last term and spending a lot of tiring hours moderating etc, but I seem to have completely lost my mojo when it comes to planning at the moment!!! I just really want to add some new creative pizazz to our ICT lessons next year what with all the talk of the IT curriculum needing shaking up etc etc, plus we have a new head starting in Sept so need to impress!
    Thankyou very much in advance for any advice, and will try to return the favour if I can!

2. HI,
    Just noticed that you are delivering/ have delivered the BTEC Level 3 IT to your post 16 students. I am in the process of doing this now (this is the first year we have delivered the BTEC IT) and I cannot find anyone who can help me in providing any examples of student work/ assignments etc. I have written an assignment for Unit 1 but not really sure how much content the students need to include in their answers to ensure they achive P,M,D.
    Do you have anything you could share with me or do you know of any good websites that provide examples of work etc that I can have a look at??
    I have tried and FAILED to find anyone who can help?!!
    Thanks..
    P.s. Hope you found managed to create some 'Fun' ICT lessons...