1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC LEVEL 3 - AURAL PERCEPTION

Discussion in 'Music' started by MsJSTRESS, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Hi, does anyone have a completed template for the Unit 4: Aural Perception Skills? I'm just looking for ideas, have just completed mine and would be willing to share. Many thanks. x

2. Hi, does anyone have a completed template for the Unit 4: Aural Perception Skills? I'm just looking for ideas, have just completed mine and would be willing to share. Many thanks. x

3. Hi, I know the above post was written way back in 2008 - although it is now 2011, I have delivered Grading criteria 1-3 of Unit 4 Aural Perception Skills form the 2010 spec. I have put together an analysis and comparison task for Grading criteria 4 and was wondering what pieces other people have used? I have tried to keep it current and upbeat and chose to steer away from the recommended Far East suggestions given in the Spec. I have chosen "A Day in the Life" and "Liberty of Norton Folgate" - both pieces give lots of opportunity to "get inside the music" as they say from Edexcel. Any thoughts on this or other suggestions would be great to hear.

4. Hi,
    Would be really interested to see your task for GC4. What do you think about analysis of bitonality / polytonality in relation to this GC ?
    Gray