1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Btec Level 3 Applied Science

Discussion in 'Science' started by Lucyloos, Nov 2, 2010.

1. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

I too have been asked to teach Level 3 BTEC as a very last-minute supply cover at a school with equally clueless staff.
    I will find out more details tomorrow but would greatly appreciate any help with resources and other things.

2. Hi
    I am also teaching Edexcel Level 3 Unit 2 and have assignments but wondered if anyone had any additional resources or clues as to how to deliver the unit
    Would be willing to share if i have anything you need
    Regards
    Sally-Anne
    sally-anne@uk2.net

3. Hi.
    I would really appreciate if anyone could share unit 27 resources with me please. I have some resources for btec level 3 if anyone interested.

Thanks

4. Hi, I've just started a maternity cover and have been given a BTEC level 3 class. They have already started Unit 2. As with others above I'm not familiar with the course, does anyone have any resources for this unit, or just general advice? cheers very much.

5. Hiii I am going to be teaching BTEC level 3 this year and will also be delivering unit 27 would you be able to help me out at all... any help would be appreciated!! Thank you :)

6. I am new to teaching level 3 BTEC and have been asked to deliver unit 12. However, the textbooks we have don't cover this unit and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share any resources thay have for this unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

7. HI, did you manage to find anything? I am really struggling with this at the moment too. I can't find any appropriate case studies and have no real idea what I am looking for. I find the spec very contradictory and I am very confused!

8. Can't help with anything asked above but I have just written Unit 1, 2, 17 and 44 (Fundamentals of Science, Working in a Scientific Workplace, Electrical Circuits and Their Applications, Astronomy) and I'm willing to share with anyone who wants them.

9. I am due to begin teaching unit 17 Electrical Circuits and their Applications. I too have looked for resources with no success. I should be extremely grateful for anything you have for unit 17, thank you very much.

10. Hi, I am teaching unit 4, not a chemist and struggling somewhat. Does any one have any resources relating to separating substances and estimating purity. Are there any practicals that can combine many of the 9 separating techniques in the one practical?

thanks!

11. Hiya. I just noticed that we are both teaching unit 26 .. I am about to start this next week

I wondered if we could help each other ...or if anyone else has any material I could help them with unit 22, or 3 or 16.

jas_saund@hotmail.com

12. To Dremms, Sorry not seen this sooner. Check your inbox for an e-mail. I can't attach files for some reason, but if you send me an e-mail to the address included I'll let you have my stuff.

13. Carlsberg

Carlsberg New commenter

To confirm before I send you material: Industrial Chemical Reactions unit

14. sweetypie

sweetypie New commenter

hi, was wondering if you have taught unit 27-periodicity, could we possible swap resources on thsi? thanks

15. sweetypie

sweetypie New commenter

any luck with this? I am also going to teach unit 27, would appreciate if we can exchange resources?thanks

16. sweetypie

sweetypie New commenter

if you have anything for unit 27, I would like to swap some resouces , thanks

17. Hi, I am teaching BTEC for the first time this year. I have some assignments I have written for units 2 and unit 19 but I would be MASSIVELY grateful for anything on units 19, 22, 26,27 and 28. I am most definitely not a fan of this course and I am finding it hard to get to grips with it. Thank you.

18. Carlsberg

Carlsberg New commenter

Afternoon.

Yes, can supply Unit 26 if yours is the same as mine: Industrial Chemical Reactions

19. I have mentioned before I have written Units 1 (Fundamentals of Science), 2 (Working in the Science Industry), 17 (Electrical Circuits and Their Applications) and 44 (Astronomy) and can pass material on to anyone who wants it if you PM me with your e-mail address.

20. Hi Carlsberg.

Wow!! if you would be kind enough to share that I would be really grateful. I'm sure there is a 'probably the best teacher' gag in here somewhere but I won't embarrass myself.

My email is DWe@richardhale.co.uk.

Thank you.

Don