1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Btec Level 3 Applied Science

Discussion in 'Science' started by Lucyloos, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hey.

Without going into too much detail....I've been seriously dumped on with this one. I think I've pretty much got through Unit 2 I think and now I am looking at Unit 1.

Would anyone be willing to share with me any assignments, SOW etc to ease a very busy teachers work load. Of course I would be more than willing to share the unit 2 assignments that I have done plus absolutely anything I have already created.

I know this is a very long shot but i thought...sod it...if you don't ask....

Lucy

p.s does anyone know when pearson are ever going to realease some resources???

2. helsbels14

helsbels14 New commenter

If you PM me your email - i will send you what we have for unit 1 in exchange for unit 2.

3. I hope i've managed to send you a message...can you let me know if you get it.

Thanks

4. Hi, i desperately deseprately need the BTEC assignments for unit 1. I have just been told that I am taking over a BTEC group and have literally nothing. Ive really been trying to get my head around it but im really struggling. Pleeaassseee could you share the unit 1 assignments? Im so sorry that i havent got anything to give you in return, in terms of BTEC. But if there is anything at all that i can get you in return please let me know. My email is sam_8289@hotmail.co.uk.
    Thanks
    Sam

5. saratron

saratron New commenter

Hi I have been teaching BTEC Level 3 Applied Science for over a year now at a very well resourced sixth form college. The Edexcel BTEC course had a new specification at the start of this academic year so no one really has any resources for it. I have resources and assignments for all of the first year units though, some still in progress (have not been internally verified yet) but if anyone is using this exam board and is teaching Units 1,4,11,12,13 and 18 *the ones we have selected) then please send me your email address and I will try and send some resources in exchange for what you have on these units.

It may be better for people to send me a USB data stick by post which I can post stuff back on though as there is quite a lot? Just an idea.

Its an OK course - the marking load is the problem for me!

Sarah : )

6. tubidium

tubidium New commenter

If people are willing to share then so am I. I have been dumped with this one as well and have so far muddlesd through some of unit 1, unit 4 and unit 19. I am currently doing Unit 2 and could do with some help. The thing is we are doing both old and new spec. PM me for email details :D
    Thanks
    D

7. please help
    i have just been given unit 2 to deliver and have been trying to find resources which may help on the net without success! my school is too tight to provide/purchase resources and it's the first time i will be delivering this and dont even know where to start!
    i dont actually have any BTEC resources to exchange either - but please may i have the unit 2 you have already prepared?
    my email address is jabila_2003@hotmail.com
    i hope this isnt being too cheeky but am really struggling to find help anywhere!
    thanks for your help in advance.

8. Hi,
    I am in desperate need of some help with BTEC level 3 Science assignment briefs. I have never taught it before and am in at the deep end a bit. Can you point me in the direction of some resources please?
    Liz

9. Hi,
    We will be starting to teach btec level 3 in september. I taught the old specification for 2 years then they dropped it. We now have to start again. Is it very different? I would love to get some help on writing assignment briefs and resources. Any help would be appreciated. My email is gemstoreuk@yahoo.com
    thanks

10. I have a heap of Level 2 assignments, but very little Level 3.

Would appreciate a swap if anyone was interested?

11. I have all Unit 1, 2 and 4 and will upload them in soon. You might want to look at this guys site http://tonyconnett.com/ he has written all the assignments for Units 1,2, 4. They are good (thanks Tony) but I just used the ideas and adapted them into my own format.

12. Hello, just been told that we will be teaching Level 3 Applied science in Sept. Have you any help available for a desparate teacher?

13. Hi
    I have been given the job of working out the costing for running the level 3 BTEC, I don't suppose you have any idea of what equipment is needed and cost?

14. Hi,
    I have just been asked to teach Btec Level 3 Units 12,13, 15, 18, 23, 24 and 43 from September. I feel absolutely overwhelmed and know that I will be spending the entire summer preparing. I would be grateful if you would be willing to share some of your assignment briefs and resources. I am afraid I have nothing to share in return but I do have some assessments for Btec First on which I have taught before. My email is kphakey@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks

15. Hi, have you any resources you are willing to share for Units 12 and 13? I'm just writing my SoWs and assignments now, would love some extra inspiration! Thanks, Jane

16. Carlsberg

Carlsberg New commenter

Morning.
    I am teaching Unit 26 during the next academic year; Industrial Chemical Reactions - not to be confused with Industrial Applications of Chemical Reactions(!).
    I am happy to share and liaise with any other teacher doing the same.
    Cheers
    C

17. Hi Sarah
    i am just about to teach Unit 4 and have no idea where to start!!! i have just read your message and would be overwhelmed with happiness if there was anything at all you could send me...i have been teaching AS & A2 chemistry for about 10 years now and have loads of resources for this if there is anything i could send to you i would be more than willing
    my email address is lcassidy762@c2kni.net

Thanks

Leona

18. Hi,
    I don't have any experience of teaching BTEC and have been given Unit 18 to prepare. I haven't a CLUE where to start and am feeling very overwhelmed. Any help, advice or resources would be really, really appreciated.
    loveholly@hotmail.co.uk

19. If any one could forward some unit 2 assignments/resources to nurulislam83@hotmail.com it would be much appreciated. I have to teach unit 2 and have not a clue where to start. Thank you.

20. Hi
    I have just been asked to deliver unit 41and am pulling my hair out,
    does anyone have any resources? or advice as to where to look for some?
    thanks!