1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 2 - Unit 2 - P1

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by johnblack, Apr 16, 2012.

1. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

<font size="2">This pass task seems to want to get the pupils to define 19 characteristic employers like in their employees, do my students have to cover all of them or just a few from each of the three sub categories?? </font> Anyone got a copy of the task they set. I can offer resources from Unit 1 and 23 in exchange.

2. No you don't have to do all of them. My general rule is to include 50% when they are seperated by commas. All our assignments are checked by Edexcel and this appears to be ok with them.

For (P1) we did:
    • Industry specific: technical knowledge, health and safety knowledge
    • General: planning skills, time management, team working, problem solving
    • Attitudes: integrity, dependable, leadership, self-motivation
    The students created a 3 column table in which they used one column for the characteristic, the second one to describe the characteristic and one column with an example of how that characteristic would be used/applied in the IT workplace.
    I had our network manager come in an talk to the students about what characteristics he looked for and valued in his staff.

3. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

Amazing thanks! There are some really good videos on you tube of different jobs roles in IT alot involve people working in canada for some reason I cannot figure out.

4. If I turned the lights off and showed video clips, my class would be asleep in 60 seconds flat!

If you need any further help just PM me.