1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Level 2 Certificate In Performing Arts (Acting) Unit B4: Acting Skills and Techniques

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Sooz817, Sep 14, 2011.

1. We use an integrated unit model, meaning that the students complete and get assessed on more than one unit at a time.

We put together units B4 (Acting) and B6 (Devising) and then put together B4 (Acting) and B7 (Scripts)
    They repeat this process twice meaning that they end up getting marked on B4 four times, B6 twice and B7 twice, creating 2 devised performances and 2 scripted performances (as it says to do so in the spec) Integegrating the units in this way means that instead of having to create 6 separate performances they only have to create 4 which gives them longer to complete the work to a higher standard and means that they are repeating the acting unit 4 times instead of 2 giving opportunity for grade improvment. Also much more manageable to creat 4 performances in a year than 6.
    Once the work is complete they perform it to either another class or to an invited audience of parents and friends for an evening performance.
    If you would like to see an example of the integrated units and the tracker for the year I would be happy to email you one? If you want one just inbox me your email :) On the student unit outlines I have made a list of differentiated suggested evidence for each grading criteria so they know exactly what they need to produce and the standard in order to get a pass, merit or distinction. I hope this helps in some way :)

2. zaz

zaz

Hey
    Can i get a copy to?

3. I have just started BTEC extended certificate. Ihave been told to produce a booklet containing all course info. I have had no training in BTEC. Help. Anything you could email would be great. Thanks
    I am doing Acting,Devising and Script Units

4. Look here
    and scroll down page for more.
    BTW - there should be someone at your centre in overall charge of BTEC (no matter what subject) - ask them for help - it's their job.

5. Hey!
    Any chance you could send me a copy of your tracker. Im new to the course and could do with all the help I can get!

Thanks!

G