1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Lead IV - TRL2??

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by bushrabegum, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am the lead IV for BTEC in my school but not getting a penny for it. It comes with a lot of work and I think it’s a TLR2 position. A lot of colleagues in my school agree and was wondering how other school are doing this?
    Thanks

2. Hi
    I am the lead IV for BTEC in my school but not getting a penny for it. It comes with a lot of work and I think it’s a TLR2 position. A lot of colleagues in my school agree and was wondering how other school are doing this?
    Thanks

3. WE've just stumbeld upon this! We've been doing BTECs for years and couln't understand why the external verifyier hadn't been in touch and have found that we need to do this training , - the window closes on Friday! I have just five days to go through the whole training. We, the teachers, are doing the work of Edexcel! have they reduced the fees to the schools? They really are taking the mickey here.

4. In theory maybe a TLR1 - in reality probably not if this isn;t allocated on the staffing structure! Which it probably won't be...
    If you are a curriculum/course leader - this fits under that umbrella...
    If not - take it as a feather in your cap - looks good on cv and maybe leverage for your next role and moving up the ladder - esp if you passed threshold or intending on applying????