1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC LEAD IV Music Question

Discussion in 'Music' started by ChooTur, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I have just printed off the assessment stuff for my LEAD IV online training and am panicking about one of the units I have to do as my assessment. Its the exploring musical composition. Was wondering if anyone else is doing this one?

2. Hi all,

I have just printed off the assessment stuff for my LEAD IV online training and am panicking about one of the units I have to do as my assessment. Its the exploring musical composition. Was wondering if anyone else is doing this one?

3. Gosh, I know I'm going to sound like a real old grump here but you really shouldn't be asking for help for this training! It's to test your ability to uphold rigorous IV processes and standards so really does need to be done by yourself. It does mention this sort of thing in the written instructions.
    Are you only doing the Level 2 Lead IV?

4. Lol, yes you do sound like a grump who assumes too much!! I was simply going to ask the following...
    Was I missing some evidence of the pupil work as it would effect my decision regarding one of the grading criteria questions. I have had some problems downloading this material from home and almost missed the video footage link in my panic for a different unit.
    I also wanted to find out whether there was some sort of pass rate % wise as I am a little unsure about a couple of questions as I think a couple of statements are equally valid.

I didnt actually ask outright any questions on here because I appreciate that each of us taking the assessment must do it off our own merit. Anyway, the question I would have asked is irrelevant now, I have checked through everything and submitted my answers. Fingers crossed I did ok.

Thanks for taking the time out to "reply"

5. So sorry, I shouldn't have been so curt [​IMG].
    I'm not doing the Level 2 Lead IV tasks because I need to do the Level 3 ones, however - could you ring Edexcel and ask them? I think they are keen to support this new system (for lots of reasons) and I'm sure they'll be glad to either reassure you or help you.
    I can't see anything about the pass rate on the materials I've got here (although I've got some more info at work... I'll check tomorrow). I have a query about one or two of the answers I gave but I'm working on the principle that we are probably allowed a couple of 'wrong' answers.
    Anyway, once again - many apologies [​IMG]

6. You are allowed a few wrong, 5/6 or so? I know some people have passed and got 5 wrong, some others failed but not sure on how many they got wrong.
    I've heard that the pass rate overall from ones completed so far is 60%.