1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC IV training question....HELP!

Discussion in 'Music' started by ViolaMan, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Many thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

2. I've another question for you ......similar wording but this time "Does the documentation show that a timely approach is in place for the VERIFICATION OF ASSESSMENT DECISIONS"?

3. What that refers to is the post-assessment IV process. Has it been done close enough to the assessor's feedback date and is there a 'timely', i.e. quick enough, turnaround between assessor feedback, post-assessment IV and feedback to students.
    Does that make sense?

4. That does make sense, thanks. So if assessor's signature appears on internal verification-assessment decisions as 04/06/12 and IV signature 07/06/12 (the learner units starting on 01.11.11 and completed on 31.05.12) would that be considered to be a "timely approach"?

5. Where I work we are supposed to have a two week turnaround of taking in work, marking it, IVing it and returning it. In practice that doesn't always happen (as you can imagine!) so I would say that your dates show a <u>very</u> timely approach [​IMG]

6. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

Bear in mind that all of the training materials provided by Edexcel regarding the OSCA process have full answers with SSV Commentary, backing up their answers.