1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Internal Verification

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by willyouquit, Aug 22, 2018.

1. willyouquit

willyouquit New commenter

Hi, I am completely new to BTEC Nationals at level 3 and I have come from a GCSE background. I have been told that I will be the IV for a number of units this year. I have got my head around dates, assignments and feedback but I am really struggling with the actions allowed if the assessor being checked fails the internal verification process. If during the internal verification process I am not happy that the work has been assessed accurately what are the allowable actions?

I cannot find a written statement anywhere in the Pearson paperwork that states what actions I can take.

Can the assessor be asked to re-mark the work to the correct standard? Can the grades be adjusted? Can the students go through a resubmission process to improve the work that was not assessed correctly and that may need improvement?

Any help on this is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Yes to all of that. Students cannot be given guidance on how/what to improve though.