1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Hours

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by jellytots, Aug 29, 2011.

1. It will be 60 GLH if a level 2 qualification?

2. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Thank you, that's great. Now can you help with another question regarding Unit Content please? I know that tasks have to correspond with grading criteria - the teacher in charge of BTEC has helped me to write the tasks. I am now writing the scheme of work and all resources/activities to go with the course. My question is does everything in the Unit content have to be taught? In how much detail?

3. As far as I understand it the unit content should all be taught if possible. This will help put the assignments in context and also allow all students to access the Distinction. Of course, time may play an issue in this so some areas may need to be covered in less detail than the key ones, on which the assignments are based.

When writing a scheme of work you probably should include all the unit content, then if soe teachers decie to leave some material out it is up to them.

Dave

4. pink_reindeer

pink_reindeer Occasional commenter

Thanks for your response Dave :)