1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC HIstorical Context of Performance Unit - HELP!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by sianigirl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have been teaching BTEC Performing arts for a long time! However, I have always been very lucky that I have never had to teach the historical context unit. If there is anyone who has a scheme of work I could steel or borrow as a starting point that would be a great help!
    Thanks in advance,
    Sian.

2. What subject are you teaching within Performing Arts?
    I have Dance ones if you need them x

3. Maybe I could ask you for some advice if you have been doing BTEC a while. I am just starting with extended certificate in one year - condensed. The group is small and has year 9 and 10 only. I will do all the units which are close to"devised and scripted performing". There is a huge spectrum of ability in the group - some v.challenging. Any ideas what to kick off with?

4. Does anyone have an assignment brief for Unit 4 Historical Context of Performance Dance? I'm teaching it for the first time, any help would be very much appreciated. My e-mail is frosts01@leedslearning.net
    Many thanks