1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC First L2 unit 17

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by cyberjelly, Jan 14, 2011.

1. cyberjelly

cyberjelly New commenter

Help,

<font size="2">I am in desperate need of some guidance, the merit work for this unit is quite hard for the level of students involved.</font> <font size="2">For M2, a website that engages with user input is necessary, such as one that collects names and addresses for registrations or mail shots. Typically, the additional functionality needed would involve the use of a front end data capture form with some validation database to store the user input.</font> <font size="2">

2. If you look at the Assessment and Grading criteria on the specification, it says
    "M2 describe the use of interactive websites and what techniques can be used to provide interactivity."
    It does not say you actually have to create the form and database. I have double checked this with our IV and she agrees.

In the Assessment section of the specification it says:
    "For
    M2, a website that engages with user input is necessary, such as one
    that collects names and addresses for registrations or mailshots.
    Typically, the additional functionality needed would involve the use of a
    front end data capture form with some validation database to store the
    user input."

We have interpreted this as meaning the learner
    should be suppled with a website that includes a registration form and a
    selection of other websites with interactive elements.
    Im not saying I am right, but before I ring Edexcel I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

3. I have contacted Edexcel and I was right, you don't have to actually design the form or build the database. To quote the reply I received 'the verb is describe'.

4. No problem, I find using 'Ask the expert' on the Edexcel website is really handy.
    Im battling with the same unit at the moment. Unit 3 & 4 next.