1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC First hospitality

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Amberspyglass, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Please please please there must be some teachers out there who have experience with this course I am desperately looking for exemplar material to get my head around what is expected in terms of outcome and paper work. I just have staff telling me scary stories of EV visits that have lasted hours with rapped knuckles as an outcome. Please say that I have not picked the wrong course.

2. Please please please there must be some teachers out there who have experience with this course I am desperately looking for exemplar material to get my head around what is expected in terms of outcome and paper work. I just have staff telling me scary stories of EV visits that have lasted hours with rapped knuckles as an outcome. Please say that I have not picked the wrong course.

3. Like you, I am starting to teach this course in September. I have been trying to get some exemplar material etc and have been told that Edexcel can help us with this. I'm also trying to go into a school to see it being taught. If I get hold of anything I will pass it on to you.

Good luck!

4. Hi, was just wondering if their was any courses that anyone has been on for this. If so where they any good and where did you find out about them?
    Like you I am going to be teaching this from September and am looking around to find as much info as I can

5. I have been delivering the course for a year now. I have a CD that I have created (with cover sheets, assignments recipes etc ) that I can send to anyone who wishes to leave their email address here.

6. Thanks for offering - Please could you send me the information?
    Many thanks
    jackydavies27@aol.com

7. That would be fantastic thank you so much. Did you go on any courses befor starting to tech it?
    Thanks Again
    m.kirkham@talk21.com

8. I would be most grateful if you could please send me a copy also.
    Mrs. M. Wright
    Thornhill School
    Thornholme Road
    Sunderland
    SR2 7NA
    Many thanks.

9. Those that have posted email addresses, I will get in touch for postal addresses. Will only be doing this after Friday as I am busy getting in coursework etc as I am sure you all are.
    Amberspyglass - you said that you have heard stories of EV coming in and having a bad time. As far as I am aware BTEC Hospitality do not get a visit - it is all done by post and the assignments are checked and recommendations are made. I have been through the process and it is quite "picky" but not at all bad. You then send in four student's work from the assignment that was EV'd for NSS (National sampling) to check that standards are kept. The school then can continue with delivering the course.
    So far the students are loving the course as am I delivering it. You will be able to tailor the assignments to suit your students. I will be in touch and if you decide to go ahead with the course, wish you all the best.

10. Hi
    Please could I have a copy. Thank you.
    k_rubery@hotmail.com

11. I'd be grateful for a copy too. Our school seems to think BTEC's are the bee's knees - not so sure myself at the mo' - need more information before we consider such a move!

porter@hatchend.harrow.sch.uk

12. Please could I jump on the bandwaggon and have a copy too? We are starting it in September also.
    r.hesse100@durhamlearning.net

Thanks in advance.

13. Thank you for your reply I had given up hope of any contact so have not checked for awhile I would love a copy of your CD and am happy to share any of my resources once I have got them together.
    Thank you
    aec@johnwarner.herts.sch.uk

14. PHEW... I was beginning to think I was on my own out here struggling with where to start...... Sorry to join the queue, but I would also love a copy..... my school wants me to deliver this in one year starting this June so I need to get cracking.... thank you so much. If you want me to send any money to cover postage / cd costs ....please let me know. U R A LIFESAVER!
    michelle.dobbs@ntlworld.co

15. Hi

Please could I have a copy as well. Thank you.

My e-mail id is shaziawahid@gmail.com

16. Hi,
    I will be eternally grateful to receive the cd that you have created. My e-mail is gjs_888@hotmail.com. If there is anything I can do to help you, ask away. I am currently delivering the N.C.F.E in Nutrition and Health and Licence to Cook.
    Many thanks
    Gary