1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Btec First Engineering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by dteng, Jun 21, 2009.

1. <font size="3">In September I am going to be introducing Btec First Certificate in Engineering. I have already been scouring the internet for weeks to find ideas but still seem to be well short of being anywhere near ready.</font>

<font size="3">I will be doing units 1 & 2 as well as the CAD unit, but have yet to decide on the others. Some machinery is available for practical projects (lathe, milling machine, welding bay and brazing hearth) in addition to general hand tools.</font>

2. re

re New commenter

we have been successfully running this for 3 years. Best switch we made from double award GCSE. We do 1, 2, 10 & 14.

Follow this link to find our IVAs, although the tilt alarm has been superseded first by an MP3 amplifier, now a stlyphone.

http://www.hellesdon.net/DesignTech/page30.html

3. We do units 1, 2, 14 and 19. Although looking to develop the CAD unit. After 3 successful years amd now prepared to look at Level 2 BTEC Engineering Diploma.
    I trully believe this course to be a vocational engineering course unlike the GCSE Engineering. I have found it liberating to teach and allows you a lot of flexibility.
    I am also considering becoming an EV.

4. Why not purchase btec in a box, comes with case studies, assignemnets; and delivery plans, these are easily adapted to your needs. There's also teacher support on the edexcel website that may prove helpful. In terms of drawings for parts to be made what about a "levelling screw jacks"-lathe work, tapering, boring, threading, step turning.

5. Hi re,
    Thank you for the offer. I don't know whether my emails are getting through to you so here is mine. I've tried sending messages a few times.

dteng1@hotmail.co.uk

6. Hi there Sophie,
    I will send you the *** exemplar that I found on net.

7. Thanks I have got them they are going to be a great help thank you so much
    Sophie