1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC first certificate in Child Care Development and Learning HELP!

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by Linzi33, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Is there anybody that can help me before I tear my hair out?! I have been teaching GCSE Child development and now my school have decided to offer BTEC Child Care Development and Learning instead which I will be doing. I am desparately searching for a scheme of work or anything that will help me with this as I am a little nervous!!

2. Is there anybody that can help me before I tear my hair out?! I have been teaching GCSE Child development and now my school have decided to offer BTEC Child Care Development and Learning instead which I will be doing. I am desparately searching for a scheme of work or anything that will help me with this as I am a little nervous!!

3. SNAP, not just Child Development, but BTEC as well, not that experienced at CD, only taught 2 yr 11 groups, and that was to finish coursework and revision. Now the BTEC. Anyone know if there is any big difference between the content?

4. I've been put in the same situation this year. Did you get any offers of help? If so, please could you pass on that help to me?

sarah.kenwright@googlemail.com

5. I'm afraid I don't teach it - but I am in a department that does - I know that for resources etc, the following website helps:
    www.helenhudspith.com

sorry I can't be of more help.

6. I just wondered if anything had come of this thread? I have to put emergency plan in action and spilt outr 2 GCSE child development classes into 1 large GCSE group and 1 smaller group of students who are at risk of failing GCSE. Going to move them onto the BTEC course but I hae to register urgently, and to register I need to produce the assignments for Unit 1. Anybody out there got any advice?
    Pam

7. I found the BTEC much better. BTEC in a box is absolutely the best resource you can get. We are about to get it for the new EDEXCEL CCLD BTEC. It is very useful to help you write your scheme of work. If you can find another school and offer to work with them and they will let you nick their resources. If you get deperate I have written some assignments that have been internally approved for the old BTEC which is in it's final year. Just let me know. bikermum39@golton.com