1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC First Award in ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Autumn lover, Jul 16, 2012.

1. <font size="2">We have been guided to deliver the new BTEC First Award in ICT in September; we plan to start with one of the option units. Unit 13 website development. Has anyone started to look at this yet? Would you be willing to share ideas resources?</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">Just a thought before I disappear under a pile of course booklets!</font>

2. <font size="2">We have been guided to deliver the new BTEC First Award in ICT in September; we plan to start with one of the option units. Unit 13 website development. Has anyone started to look at this yet? Would you be willing to share ideas resources?</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">Just a thought before I disappear under a pile of course booklets!</font>

3. Edexcel authorised assignment brief for Unit 13 available for download here, click on Sample Assessment materials > Authorised Assignment Briefs.
    http://www.edexcel.com/quals/firsts2012/information-and-creative-technology/Pages/Documents-Award.aspx
    You just need to get your IV to authorise it too.
    The student book wont be available for a while yet apparently.
    A few other resources on that link, so have a look around.

4. Thanks for that, a great starting point.

5. jweb2k

jweb2k New commenter

This actually looks a good spec!! I'd not heard about it before but definitely considering it as a replacement for Nats....

6. Unless you are concerned about league tables...