1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Btec engineering projects

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by re, May 10, 2012.

1. re

re New commenter

I have a number of drawings of small tools that I am willing to swap for more! Running out of ideas for making things in metal. We have lathes, milling machines, MIG welding etc.

I have drawings for a centre finder, pin hammer, hand vice, toolmakers clamp, garden trowel, tap wrench. Swapsies anybody?

2. re

re New commenter

I have a number of drawings of small tools that I am willing to swap for more! Running out of ideas for making things in metal. We have lathes, milling machines, MIG welding etc.

I have drawings for a centre finder, pin hammer, hand vice, toolmakers clamp, garden trowel, tap wrench. Swapsies anybody?

3. Yogi

Yogi New commenter

I'm up for that. I've got drawings for screw driver, mallet with changable heads, super wrench, drill drift, vice, sliding bevel, scriber etc. All in 2D design. Is this the sort of thing you're after?
    Regards.
    Yogi.

4. nw5298

nw5298 New commenter

5. I've got some plans for centre square, plumb bob, adjustable spanner, padsaw and more, I would love to swap with anybody who is interested - message me an email address. It would be great to share drawings to get some more interesting projects into the course.
    Swap email addresses and send the drawings round?

Rob

6. How about the F3 Laser cut mild steel fitting and turning project
    or
    the Skate Board Truck.....basic fitting, turning and fabrication

7. or design your own:
    Using the beautiful tube from scrap bicycles. The light oval and tapered sections scream to be made into something........... a nice weighty Hacksaw[​IMG]
    A collection of old cutlery could be made into dozens of items.....I have a clock in the kitchen made from cutlery..... time can be a translation and i get it wrong.......10 past a fork.....just wont CUT it[​IMG]

8. I have just designed a metal and engineering smart phone holder, contact me for more info
    cheers
    johnD

9. I'd love to look at the phone holder project. Can you send it to me please?

10. Hi

This looks like a great project. Do you have an orthographic drawing of this please?

11. Only just seen that you replied '2 days'. I'd like an orthographic drawing too if you have one available?

12. timbdesign

timbdesign New commenter

I would love to make many of the suggestions but are there examples of more modern engineering projects that might appeal to the digital generation rather than people like me who are close to retirement?

How about small tripods to hold compact cameras or smart phones? Here's one I created using PTC Creo with components that could be machined or 3D printed. The idea is students design and make an attachment for the standard 1/4 Whitwoth/UNC screw.

communities.ptc.com/.../DOC-4610

Or a pair of dividers that follow the golden ration here:

communities.ptc.com/.../DOC-3593

13. Hii... can u help us