1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Engineering level 1...help / resorces

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by richritucci, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hi

I am a NQT this year and I have been given the task of teaching BTEC engineering level 1 and I was wondering if anyone else was teaching this.

I am having problems because there are very few resources and the specification is vague in what it needs you to cover.

The units I am teaching are:

Unit 1: Working safely in engineering
    Unit 2: Developing skills in electronic assembly
    Unit 4: Making a machined product

If anyone has any suggestions for small engineering tasks I could get the students to do to increase there skills it would be appreciated. I have already got them to make a metal coat hook and a nut and bolt.

Any help would be grateful

R

2. Hi

I am a NQT this year and I have been given the task of teaching BTEC engineering level 1 and I was wondering if anyone else was teaching this.

I am having problems because there are very few resources and the specification is vague in what it needs you to cover.

The units I am teaching are:

Unit 1: Working safely in engineering
    Unit 2: Developing skills in electronic assembly
    Unit 4: Making a machined product

If anyone has any suggestions for small engineering tasks I could get the students to do to increase there skills it would be appreciated. I have already got them to make a metal coat hook and a nut and bolt.

Any help would be grateful

R

3. Inbox me your contact details. I'm currently running the new specification in our school and have a few things that could help you.
    Lee.

4. Hi Lee,

Read a post about Btec Engineering level one and saw that you'd helped out. I am in the same situation. Would you please be able to forward me the same materials, as I am also new to it and am struggling. If you need anything back...lemme know.

srparry17@gmail.com

5. I have uploaded my attempt at Unit 1 you're welcome to download it if it's any use.

6. Hi
    I am to see that I am not the only teacher doing Level 1 Engineering.
    I don't suposs you have anything for the unit7: Electronic Assembly?
    Many Thanks
    Hayleigh