1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC EDEXCEL-REVERSIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE REACTIONS 30mins WOW LESSON

Discussion in 'Science' started by jdanyl, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hi all

I just wanted to find out if any folks on here have any WOW ideas on teaching reversible and irreversible reactions in an interview lesson to a group of mixed ability(B to G) Year 10 students.
    I will appreciate any ideas and/or resources or links.I need this job badly and I want them to need me badly too.
    Cheers

Danyl Johnson

2. sep2

sep2 New commenter

I always like this as a starter: www.ubclts.com/docs/Magic_Blue_Bottle.doc
    I like to put it in a water bottle but obviously you have to ensure no student would drink it! Maybe ask what they think it is before shaking it then stick a big sticker on so no one does and it shows H&S consideration. Do be careful if you do this as it can take a while to turn back (you could always come back to it at the end if that is the case)

Kids also love elephant toothpaste.

My personal fav used to be setting myself on fire with the methane bubbles. Of course I have had several days of training and the ingredients are very very special so students can't do it at home [​IMG](and no deodorant is not the same and it can really burn you! is the answer I give when they ask). Not sure I'd do this for an interview lesson though.