1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC DIPLOMA applied science assignments

Discussion in 'Science' started by bidd1980, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Does anyone have experience of delivering the BTEC diploma and would be willing to share their assignment sheets?

We currently offer the certificate course but with the loss of sats we think we could deliver the diploma if we start in year 9.

I would really appreciaite any examples as a starting point..

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Does anyone have experience of delivering the BTEC diploma and would be willing to share their assignment sheets?

We currently offer the certificate course but with the loss of sats we think we could deliver the diploma if we start in year 9.

I would really appreciaite any examples as a starting point..

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

3. Which units? there are a number of combinations. Anatomy and Physiology (unit 7) is a nice one.

4. We are currently deciding the option unit so anything i could show the rest of the department will help...

Do you have assignments for units 1 and 2? I have some examples for unit 1 from another school but i would be interested to see how other schools present it to their students.

I am happy to share any resources we have produced that would help you

5. Yeah you must do units 1,2,3,4,5 then pick one from the others so diploma do 6 units total. Certificate do units 3,4 and 5 only.......i have lots for the certificate but nothing for diploma as we are starting it this year.....help.......please

6. Hi
    We have been doing BTEC Diploma?certificate?introductory for about 3 years now. bidd1980 if yoy drop me your email we can discuss some possible sharing/poss KS3 too?

7. that sounds brill.....its lisabiddulph@hotmail.com

8. Hi there,

just wondering which part of the uk you were based...presently doing btec certificate..but aiming to do diploma now with some pupils and also introductory for our present y10's....

please could you email me for possible sharing..

sciencehod@hotmail.co.uk

thanks
    sciencebloke

9. I am going to be cheely and jump on the bandwagon and ask for any BTEC stuff. Just developing ours atm so not got anything good enough to share yet but will have very soon in which case I will be willing to give it to anyone who wants it.
    My email is alisonp1984@hotmail.co.uk
    thanks sorry for being cheeky

10. shuff

shuff New commenter

I have some materials I'd be willing to share, assignments and some supporting materials too.
    If you email me I can email them back to you
    Can I ask for a look at other peoples materials in return though?
    Thanks!
    als112@msn.com

11. It seems that lots of teachers want to share their stuff....not being very tech savvy i will email everyone in this post so far as a group and we will go from there in terms of sharing.....unless anyone has a better way?

12. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

I have started a new post on here about BTEC unit 2 World of Work but please can I join the email group! hannahvone@hotmail.com
    Would be very grateful for anything on Unit 2 as I don't have a clue what organisation I can get them to practically investigate!
    I have some Anatomy and Physiology stuff I can send and some other random bits from units 1-5 that may be of some use!

13. Hi,

We are also doing BTEC First dipoloma in Applied science, please could you also add me on your list:gemstoreuk@yahoo.com,

Thanks

14. Hi
    Have emailed many people in the list about sharing resources as we have been doing it for about 3 years. Could you put me on the list too?
    Cheers
    Vicki
    v_stokes@hotmail.com

15. Hi

Can I also be cheeky and join your mailing group I am about to write topic 2 for the BTEC diploma so any help would be very useful. (linskill@hotmail.com)

Many Thanks

16. i used to teach the diploma in a FE college and kept all my assignments on a stick. i am hoping to start this course in the future at my new job, if there are any resources i would love to have some. i lost mine when myusb stick went through the tumble drier. [​IMG]

17. richev

richev New commenter

Hi
    We are about to start the diploma with year 9 and would be very grateful for any ideas on assignments for unit 1- even if it is just something to get us started
    richev7@hotmail.com

18. Hi,
    Band wagon for me to - just been told I need to sort something out to start this in June - we have timetable promotion :S - would be grateful for resources/advice samanthaturner@hotmail.com

Thanks

Sam

19. Hi all,
    I did a round of group emails a couple of weeks ago....my unit 3C5 (which the IV approved with no changes) but have only myself had 2 emails of other peoples work samples in return.....seeing as there have been quite a few requests of sharing resources.....how about some sharing??????[​IMG]

20. richev

richev New commenter

Hi
    We would love to share any resources, unfortunately we don't have anything to share yet!!
    We have bought the CD from Edexcel and are starting off using the assignments on this- does anyone have any comments on these assignments?
    Thanks