1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Creative Media Production

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Zoki59, Jun 10, 2010.

1. timrahman

timrahman New commenter

On the new spec? I would not advise trying the new spec with a low ability class.

2. New spec is certainly tougher with the theory content but its loads more interesting. Its also good to know (as im sure loads of you do) that the new spec will not count in the 5A*-C GCSE headline measures in 2014. Old (2010) spec will count for one further year. This leaves me teaching old spec for one more year to year 11 and teaching new spec to year 10.

3. Hi,

I am doing the same old spec with yr11 and new Creative Digital Media Production with yr 10. Any resources that anyone has I would love so pls get hunting.

Thanks

Di

4. can you please send me the link for the Facebook group

5. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

6. I carried out a teacher-research project last year focused on developing BTEC students' skills (those necessary for the media industry specifically). The activities had a great effect on learning, meeting deadlines and quality of work. The resources are all available for free on TES via my profile.

Hopefully they might help some of you, particularly those starting out!