1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC certificate and subsidiary diploma music (performing)

Discussion in 'Music' started by ineedsleep, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

Hi
    Is anyone out there teaching the level 3 certificate in year 12 and the subsidiary diploma in year 13? I am just wondering how it works logistically moving from 12 -13 and some students not carrying into the subsidiary diploma. Many thanks
    INS

2. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

Hi
    Is anyone out there teaching the level 3 certificate in year 12 and the subsidiary diploma in year 13? I am just wondering how it works logistically moving from 12 -13 and some students not carrying into the subsidiary diploma. Many thanks
    INS

3. I'm currently doing that with year 13, we did 3 units last year in year 12 and doing the remaining ones this year.

4. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

Hi thank you for your reply.
    I am pleased that means I can go ahead next year, I just needed some reassurance that was how it worked. Do you ever have students not continue into year 13 and how do you manage this? Do they know early enough to submit work for the certificate or do you save the work until the end of year 13?
    Thank you for your help
    INS

5. TrueFaith

TrueFaith New commenter

I'm new to level 3, but I'm making sure that the core units are completed in year 12, so that anyone who doesn't continue into year 13 for whatever reason gets the certificate.

Make sure you have students registered for either the Cert or Diploma, and then those that need to be moved can be. When I did level 2 programmes in the past I would register everyone onto the diploma, and drop those who needed it to either the ext. cert or the cert as necessary...

6. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

I'm going to be starting BTEC performing in year 12 in September, so I'm glad that someone else doesn't entirely understand it, I'm still wading through the paperwork to set it all up at the moment, aaarrgghh!!