1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Business Specifications 2010 - level 2

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by jenni_delaney, May 24, 2010.

1. Hi

I have just been looking at the new specs for September and trying to decide what units to do as part of the level 2 diploma. Besides the four mandatory I need to make up a further 40 credits. HAs anyone already started creating schemes for any of the units or looked into it in more detail than I currently have and have any advice or suggestions?
    Also, if anyone would like to work with me to create schemes and assignments in collaboration then get in contact.
    Thanks

2. Hi

I have just been looking at the new specs for September and trying to decide what units to do as part of the level 2 diploma. Besides the four mandatory I need to make up a further 40 credits. HAs anyone already started creating schemes for any of the units or looked into it in more detail than I currently have and have any advice or suggestions?
    Also, if anyone would like to work with me to create schemes and assignments in collaboration then get in contact.
    Thanks

3. Have a look at Unit 20 - Managing Personal Finances. NatWest do a brilliant MoneySense for Schools which covers most of it, and they are all free resources. It fits with financial literacy/capability and gives the students something concrete they can use in life after school.

4. Yes, thats going to be one of our optional units. Other units we are thinking is:

Verbal and non verbal communication (unit 7)
    Training and employment in Business (unit 9)
    Customer Relations in Business (unit 11)
    Business ethics (unit 14)
    Business enterprise (unit 16)
    Managing personal finances (unit 20)
    All of those along with the 4 mandatory add up to the required 60 credits

5. Hi
    If you are looking for units where support material has already been written you might consider basing your decision on the units which are covered in the Teaching Resource Pack, namely 6-13, 16, 19 and 20. The Pack could be a real time-saver.
    I have put some sample pages from the Pack in the resource bank at: http://community.edexcel.com/business/m/business_btec/tags/Unit+2+BTEC2/default.aspx

Regards
    Colin Leith [Edexcel]

6. Thanks Colin. Will definately integrate them when writing the assignment briefs.

7. Hi Jenni,
    Ive not started writing any yet (one of my jobs after half term!) but would love to work with you & share the load!! [​IMG]

8. Hi
    Unit 1: Business Purposes (5)
    Unit 2: Business Organisations (5)
    Unit 12: Business Online (10)
    Unit 3: Financial Forecasting for Business (5)
    Unit 20: Managing Personal Finances (5)
    Unit 16: Business Enterprise (10)
    <font face="Times New Roman">Unit 10: Personal Selling in Business (5)</font> Unit 21: Promoting and Branding in Retail Business (10)
    Unit 4: People in Organisations (5)

We would also be very interested in collaberating, these are our units!
    My e mail is sue.hall@bcot.ac.uk

9. Hi Jenni and all

We have been asked to prepare schemes for AS and A2 BTEC Business and do not have any clue on where to start. Do you have any schemes that you have done and help us beat the dealine. I will highly appreciate to get some schemes. If you have any, my email is jgit@stmarys.net please send it to me

Regards
    jam

10. <font size="2">Hi all, </font><font size="2">I'm also looking into this at the moment. I'm considering buying the Boardworks Business Studies which has presentations specific for some of the new spec too (the 4 core units and Unit 11 and 15). Have any of you used Boardworks before - I would rather have a recommendation of it before buying as it's quite a lot of money. </font><font size="2">Any helpful hints and tips would be fab for the SoW too - we're going to be putting ours together soon - we're going to be doing the Extended certificate - units 1,2,3,4 and 11 (and if we have time I may do unit 15 as my students seem to enjoy the finance unit that we teach now).</font>
    I would be very interested in working with you on that too.
    Cheers
    Rachel

11. Colin (or anyone else who may know!!) is there a text book for students that goes with the Level 2 Btec Extended Cert? If so, where will I find it please?
    Thanks
    Charlotte

12. Hi Rachel,
    Just about to start up a programme in the Middle East from nothing.Did you buy Boardworks and have you any experience of other materials?
    Thanks
    Terry