1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Business Level 3 Unit 1 problems!

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by davyd22, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Last year I interpreted it as two different countries and used India or China in comparison to the UK. However, I found that the students tended to regurgitate what they found on the Internet. So, this year I've done it with recession and growth and the impact that they both have had on EasyJet. We've looked at Unemployment, Interest Rates, Inflation, and Government Policy and linked it into Supply and Demand. The students have been able to apply the theory to the context which, in my view, as made the assignment more accessible and interesting.

2. This is a really interesting post from you all, I am in the same boat ansd feedback from learners has been poor they have found it dull and difficult to grasp the requirements.
    Do you have / know of anyone who has an exemplar assignement?

3. From the questionnaires we have students complete on each unit the unit 1 has so far received the lowest results all because of P5, P6. I have also interpreted it as looking 2 different countries and since I teach students from various countries I have encouraged them to choose a 2nd business from their own countries which meant that they could change the website language to their own. I have found that they were generally ok understanding the theory but struggled to discuss the impact on the business activities.
    Generally most of my students are according to Alis predicted pass grades and starting with Unit 1 has made it very difficult to motivate them to go for the merit criteria. I am now considering doing unit 2 and 3 in the 1st half of the year and then only doing unit 1 the 2nd half but still start them off with an explanation of business concepts. Any other ideas will be welcomed.
    One thing we have changed is to organise our trip to the Bank of England earlier (before Dec) as the talk given there has helped to enhance their learning.
    I am happy to share any of my assignment briefs for the level 3 subsidiary diploma. just send me a message.

4. If you have assignments briefs for unit 1 and 2 that would be brilliant. Can you email to j.Collett@baca-uk.org
    Thanks
    James

5. Hi there, I am teaching unit 1 and also find the spec a bit vague. Could you email me your assignment briefs. Im also teaching unit 2. I think I will start off with either unit 2 or an optional unit.
    lollie2@yahoo.co.uk

6. Hi Davyd22, I'm not sure whether you're using the ZigZag pack but we used the same EasyJet scenario - how growth and then recession impacted on it. Incidently that's in the Course Companion endorsed by Edexcel.

7. Hi:
    Would you be find enough to help me out? I am being asked to teach Edexcel Btec Level 3 sub. diploma but I do not have a spec of resource. Can you help me with assignments?
    Thanks
    You can email me at soniabrown40@yahoo.com

8. Hi everyone. I am a NQT. I need help with teaching Btec level 3 Unit 1, 2, 3 and 4. I am starting off with unit 1. I will appreciate resources