1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Assignment Briefs

Discussion in 'Music' started by thin lizzie, Jan 10, 2012.

1. thin lizzie

thin lizzie New commenter

Hi,
    I'm about to write some assignment briefs for BTEC Unit 10 Developing as a Performer and just wondered if anyone out there had some briefs I could look at for that unit?
    I've written briefs for other units so would be happy to share!

Thanks x

2. thin lizzie

thin lizzie New commenter

Hi,
    I'm about to write some assignment briefs for BTEC Unit 10 Developing as a Performer and just wondered if anyone out there had some briefs I could look at for that unit?
    I've written briefs for other units so would be happy to share!

Thanks x

3. To be honest, i am just unsure of the evidence.
    Basically, i am teaching the course in 2 yrs. i have students who shouldnt really be doing the course. They do not play instruments or read music. They have managed to create 5 musical ideas for p1, and their evidence is a video and in some cases audio recording. i was wondering if they had to write down their ideas using musical notation as well for evidence? they have recorded their composition using logic pro, and as they need to produce a score in order to get p4, do you think they can just print off their score for logic, as it can convert it into musical notation? It is unclear in the spec, and i have asked 'ask the epxert' and they havent got back to me on two occasions :(

4. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

There is no need to be able to read music to pass the BTEC level 1 or 2 courses.
    You can actually pass BTEC level 2 music without playing a note either (don't know about level 3).

Most teachers would include a performance unit but strictly speaking they are not a course requirement. The only mandatory units concern studies of the music industry. The other units are optional.
    The composition unit (which you're doing) can be avoided all together if it suits you and the pupils.