1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC Art Level 2 and 3- ridiculous amount of paperwork

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by inkyblob, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Is anyone else out there finding what Edexcel require from US (rather than the pupils) when delivering BTEC Art ridiculous and overwhelming? I feel like I'm just about ready to pack my job in because of it.

2. Is anyone else out there finding what Edexcel require from US (rather than the pupils) when delivering BTEC Art ridiculous and overwhelming? I feel like I'm just about ready to pack my job in because of it.

3. i have to agree.. death by photocopied sheets in polypockets and unnecessary replication of data.. urg.

4. Dink_bird

Dink_bird New commenter

I know what you mean - the paperwork is totally ridiculous. They seem more concerned with how you've filled in forms than the quality of the kids' work!! It's not just you..guess you just have to get used to it. They have to have this "quality assurance" thing whereby everything has been checked and double checked. With ordinary GCSE art this is straightforward because the moderator checks a sample..with BTEC, they demand lots of this "quality assurance" belt and braces process, because effectively, <u>you</u> decide whether your students get pass/merit/distinction, not the exam board..

5. It's all change from Sept (either this year or next depending on when you choose to change, as the new specs are totally different AGAIN! And the same amount of paperwork plus an exam component that looks strangely similar to the GCSE one! Aaaggghh! Any tips on how to reduce paperwork would be great! We have our QRD on Tues!

6. Change to GCSE Textiles , I am!

7. Could not agree more, its time consuming and largely pointless excercises and I hope someone at excel picks up this thread and has a response. All my collegues of which there are many think its a real mess and we would gladly get rid of it.

8. Hi,

we have always offered BTEC as an option to some of our students, however the external element seems exactly the same as GCSE! for this reason we are going to drop it and do just that, the GCSE....