1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

btec angst

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by shikara28, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Having miserably failed my OSCA 2, I now have the verfier (or whatever new name they have now) on my case.My current year 10 are only in term 2 of the new spec. The verifier has asked for a complete unit. I have completed part 1 of 2 on unit Performing Scripted Plays and plan to do the second part now. I have graded them on all criteria and planned to do the same on second part. Is this ok? I am really stressing about this. I have visions of someone storming into my school and asking for everything, old and new spec (my year 11's are doing old spec) and picking holes in it. It's silly really that OSCA 2 has reduced me to this. Does anyone have any experience of what happens after the grand failure of Osca 2?

2. Having miserably failed my OSCA 2, I now have the verfier (or whatever new name they have now) on my case.My current year 10 are only in term 2 of the new spec. The verifier has asked for a complete unit. I have completed part 1 of 2 on unit Performing Scripted Plays and plan to do the second part now. I have graded them on all criteria and planned to do the same on second part. Is this ok? I am really stressing about this. I have visions of someone storming into my school and asking for everything, old and new spec (my year 11's are doing old spec) and picking holes in it. It's silly really that OSCA 2 has reduced me to this. Does anyone have any experience of what happens after the grand failure of Osca 2?

3. As long as your assignments have been IVd then you can do this in two stages; I do one part in Year 10, and very similar in Year 11. The NSS assessor (or whatever they call themselves these days) shouldn't expect you to have completed one unit (unless it's a 5pointed unit of course).
    You should have your Yr 11 assignments up to date and IVd too. I know that this is the old spec, but you are still running the course and the OSCA2 is meant to replace the NSS system, so as that you haven't passed this time, the whole of the courses that you are running, I would expect to be in place, assignements IVd, work marked (!?) and a sample of the marked work IVd.

I have just been through QCF, which we passed with flying colours, but I was extremely nervous about it, and the gentlemen was lovely. My NSS assessor, for the last 4/5 prior to this was also really nice and helpful.
    Please don't worry about it. As long as your paperwork is up to date, and lets face it, there's not a lot with the Year 10s at the minute, you will be fine.

Feel free to mail me any questions, I know what it's like.