1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC and SEN Provision

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by kb1989, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Hi there,
    I am the SEN link teacher for PE at my school (meaning I am basically in charge of helping improve resources for SEN students in our school) and I am wondering whether anyone has any good examples that they could tell me about of how they adapt their resources for SEN students?
    I am particularly interested in how other PE departments adapt their resources for the BTEC Sport or Dance courses as they are quite 'writing-heavy.' I have been recording video-evidence of questions/answer style interviews for students who struggle with writing. However I am interested in any other ways that other departments provide for their students at KS4/examination PE level?

Many thanks.

2. TBH this really depends on the level of BTEC sport - Entry, L1 or L2.
    There are many ways depending on the grading criteria specified. BTEC Sport should not be a writing heavy course so it is not being taught appropriately if it is.
    Pictures, videos, posters, handouts, models, presentations, writing frames etc are all acceptable forms of evidence to submit particularly for Pass tasks therefore there is no need for extensive essays until you are possibly looking at the Distinction and some Merit tasks at Level 2 and even then only some need to be reports there can be tables to complete etc.