1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BTEC 2010 Help needed urgently

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by OutofMyIdiot, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I agreed to take over the performing arts BTEC (level 3 award) as a favour since the people running it left in a hurry. More fool me. Anyway...the course will cease to be as of the end of the year and I need to know, as a matter of urgency....the grading criterion on the new units seem entirely different to the old units, but as this is a two year course I am taking it I just stick with the old criteria? It would seem massively unfair otherwise? Anyone out there from Edexcel who can advise? Also, we replaced one unit because it was, well, rubbish (what was delivered by the previous people who ran it), with a one assignment unit. I took the grading criterion from the new spec as didn't know where else to look. Anyone help me with that one?
    And to top it all off I failed the OSCA2 thing as well.
    The BTEC has been nothing but aggravation from the moment I took it over. I can't wait until it's over as I have hated it. Anyway, before I have a nervous breakdown, I'd be grateful if someone could advise me for the sake of my cohort as I have promised them I will do my very best for them, (hence working every day this half term to try and get everything in order).
    Thanks

2. Hello,
    I agreed to take over the performing arts BTEC (level 3 award) as a favour since the people running it left in a hurry. More fool me. Anyway...the course will cease to be as of the end of the year and I need to know, as a matter of urgency....the grading criterion on the new units seem entirely different to the old units, but as this is a two year course I am taking it I just stick with the old criteria? It would seem massively unfair otherwise? Anyone out there from Edexcel who can advise? Also, we replaced one unit because it was, well, rubbish (what was delivered by the previous people who ran it), with a one assignment unit. I took the grading criterion from the new spec as didn't know where else to look. Anyone help me with that one?
    And to top it all off I failed the OSCA2 thing as well.
    The BTEC has been nothing but aggravation from the moment I took it over. I can't wait until it's over as I have hated it. Anyway, before I have a nervous breakdown, I'd be grateful if someone could advise me for the sake of my cohort as I have promised them I will do my very best for them, (hence working every day this half term to try and get everything in order).
    Thanks

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

If the students finish in Summer 2010, then you need the 2010 spec.
    If they finish in 2011, then you need the newer spec. Hope this doesn't put the cat among the pigeons!
    P

4. Thanks...but if they started a 2 yr course in Sept 2009 and end with a completely different set of criterion from what was originally - can't be righ can it!??? Surely??