1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BSL Signed songs

Discussion in 'Music' started by sjheselton, Feb 6, 2018.

1. sjheselton

sjheselton New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to find what songs KS1 and KS2 age pupils sing, know and like these days to help me with creating BSL signed song resources. I know what I use to sing when I was young but have no idea what children like now!

Ideally looking for simple songs that can be used in the classroom and taught by teachers after watching a demonstration tutorial.

BSL signed songs can help children with their understanding of spoken and written language by transferring it into a visual medium. It is also a great way of developing functional motor skills, along with hand eye co-ordination and, most importantly, a fun way a learning!

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Any feedback is most welcome
    Thank you
    Stephen

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  2. WelshMags

WelshMags New commenter

I taught my KS2 choir the Take That song "Rule the World" and the HI Unit teachers in the school helped me teach them to sign it. Very effective! As a school we also did "I'd like to teach the world to sing" - New Seekers from the 70s. Will have to put my thinking hat on to remember some others ....lots of Christmas songs - Snow is Falling - Shakin' Stevens is one easy one (the chorus).