1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brunei

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by henryp1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Does anybody have an interview here?

2. Ok thanks, I haven't heard anything yet, probably not successful as applications closed last Wednesday the 25th. Is it for a primary or secondary position?

3. Secondary position

4. There were quite a few secondary positions, I've applied for a position in primary, however the primary positions may possibly be filled by secondary spouses. Good luck with your interview.

5. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Hey Fred Grod, congratulations and good luck!

6. Heya Yasimum!
    How are you doing? Have been loving my job in BKK for the past 4 years but want to make a move into the American system if at all possible. Have applied to the big American school in KL, but have tried to keep my options open as well. Brunei, admittedly, isn't my first choice, but wouldn't be a bad second choice!
    PM me with where/what you're doing now.

7. ImmodestyBlaise

ImmodestyBlaise New commenter

I'm also hoping to hear back about the Primary positions. But with a non-teaching wife and a handful of kids, I'm not overly hopeful.

8. I am a primary teacher and have not heard anything regarding my application. I'm hoping it is because they are concentrating on the secondary posts. I fear that having a non-teaching spouse and a young daughter will work against me. Is this true of most international schools?

9. I heard from them about a week ago but I am secondary. Don't know if that helps but my interview is next week.

10. As I feared, I must have missed out on this one.
    Thanks purplebracelet

11. P.S. good luck with your interview!

12. I believe some secondary positions may be more difficult to fill and applicants often have partners who teach in primary. If they really want the secondary applicant, the primary partner often becomes part of the appointment. There were quite a few openings in secondary, teaching couples may be interviewed first.

13. Perhaps that is why I haven't even had a 'no thank you' response yet? Fingers crossed.

14. thanks MC1977 i do really want it! what the previous poster said about waiting till secondary staffing was deciding before starting primary makes sense. I hope you hear soon.

15. Anybody in Primary heard anything?

16. How about Secondary? Has anyone been OFFERED yet? Methinks my plan to have a Skype interview upon the Head's return from London hath backfired! I heard they will be employing from back home.

17. I was in London for this interview through the week but I was told that I wouldn't hear till next week. I am really hopeful of getting this post. Which subject did you go for FredGrod?

18. Hi Purplebracelet,
    I've PM'ed you.

19. Do you have a spouse in primary? Just wondering what happened to the primary positions, nobody seems to have heard back from them.