1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brummie Millionaire English Teacher

Discussion in 'Personal' started by shakes16, Nov 16, 2019.

1. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

3. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Lead commenter

Brilliant. Well down Mr R.
    The lovely comments from his pupils!

install likes this.
  4. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

@LondonCanary No, if you look at the link I posted, a mother who has a son at Mr R's school tweeted a congratulatory message and I could not stop laughing at her message.

5. install

install Star commenter

Well done to that teacher.

Its great to see his students are so happy for him too.

6. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

You have completely missed it. Now I might start laughing again. LOL

7. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

OK let me explain seeing as 238 people have viewed this yet only a few have commented. The mother tweeted her congratulatory message to the Catholic school in Birmingham where Mr R, their son's English teacher, teaches. However, her English is so badly written I could not stop laughing that he is their English teacher. There are 5 mistakes in one tweet or one sentence. I just find it extremely funny.

8. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

"...my son is proud you WAS his English Teacher." LOL. Brummie mums.

9. install

install Star commenter

Your message is a little confusing imho.

Are you laughing at a parent's writing in a tweet, even though the parent is trying to be kind?

And

Are you then actually laughing at all 'mums' in a very big city based on one tweet?

Many texts and tweets these days are written without using the rules of grammar and spelling.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  10. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

No I was just laughing at her tweet only because obviously you WAS his English Teacher (spelled with a capital T) is not written without the rules of grammar and spelling. She just thinks WAS goes with you, Also as she was writing to her son's English teacher, couldn't she have at least written it in perfect English? Anyway, you do not seem to see the funny side of this at all and it most definitely is not confusing in the very slightest. You just felt emotional about her lovely tweet to the school and his English teacher. Another mum wrote a long letter on here recently about her son who know one knows from Adam and the trouble maker with the Chinese symbol avatar said basically go away. LOL.

11. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Since we are into pedantry, may I point out that Mr Robinson won £500,000 (well done him!) and therefore is not a millionaire, as is asserted in the thread title.

lilachardy and install like this.
  12. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

Erm...sorry I was not being pedantic in the slightest. You do not see the funny side either.

And Millionaire is correct but I am not telling you why. Think for yourself because you are not finding the funny side of this tweet. Please tickle yourself or something to make yourself laugh. It is Monday tomorrow and you'll be back at work.

13. install

install Star commenter

Thanks but...your reaction rings alarm bells imho:

Firstly, It assumes a parent should tweet in perfect English. Secondly, It tries to make fun of a parent whom it seems cannot write in perfect English. Thirdly, it tries but fails to ridicule all 'mums' in a big city .

Do you expect all texts and tweets to be written in perfect English? And do you judge all parents in this manner?

nomad and bombaysapphire like this.
  14. install

install Star commenter

Exactly. Agree completely.

nomad and bombaysapphire like this.
  15. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

Sorry, you do not see the funny side. You are making wrong assertions about me because of the way YOU are thinking not me. Sorry, I was just having a laugh. If you can't see the funny side, don't comment.
    Thanks.

No, Millionaire is absolutely correct. You are teachers?

16. install

install Star commenter

Having a laugh and what people laugh at often reveals more about us than we realise. It may for example reveal a prejudice or stereotype that we have and which through our laughter we wrongly spread. And when people don't see the funny side it would be wrong not to hear and listen why that may be imho..

Some types of laughter and comments encourage others to pick on a group of people. And that for me isn't funny at all.

17. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

Sorry but you are just being too cynical for me. I can laugh at irony if I want. Irony used to be all over the British TV years ago in sitcoms such as Fawlty Towers and Mrs Bouquet
    Thanks.

18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Oh the irony...

lilachardy likes this.