1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Bruised, battered.... but not broken!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Just came back from local music festival..... for some reason, the organizers hid one of the barricade bars, behind a wheely bin on an angle.... and when it got dark I tripped over the protruding, and carefully concealed end, and fell UP a flight of steps..... it was so well disguised. So.... carted off to first aid tent.......Left hand badly grazed in various spots...and have three band-aids on the deepest gauges..... right arm between wrist and elbow is bandaged, as very badly grazed.... left leg grazed, but I was wearing jeans, so not too bad, so just ignoring that...... So feeling pretty good all round! No, seriously..... saw one particularly brilliant band..... Totally gutted that in a town of 18,500 there was about 300 people there.... would like to know what was on telly tonight that stopped the other 18,200 people attending?. Anyway, the point of this (well, there isn't actually a point!) .. I've gone to music festival, and come home bandaged............so feeling like irresponsible teenager again!

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

It just seems a bit strange to me that you'd hold a music festival in March. I mean, cold, dark - hence your fall (sorry you are wounded as a result!) - June / July much better - warm, light evenings, etc..
    On a similar theme I went to see Squeeze at the Albert Hall in the week (nice and warm and indoors [​IMG]). My husband has always been a big fan, and the audience was largely male, beer-bellied and aged 50+. I enjoyed watching both the performance and the audience from my vangtage point - imagine a whole hall full of middle-aged dads dancing at a wedding and you'll get the picture. Hysterical!

3. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Small town suspicion? I remember back in the 1970s Steve Hillage played at a free festival in North Essex. It was free and only a couple of hundred went in. More of the locals in fact drove past to see what was going on having locked up their daughters first. Mind you things have improved, at least now in a spirit of equality and diversity they'd lock up their sons as well.
    .....In fact it was 1978. Someone with way too much time on their hands has produced this invaluable resource:
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hawkwind/fests70to79.html

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Just the mention of Steven Hillage made me laugh out loud. I'm not sure why tbh. I suppose a ridiculous, cliched image of 70's hair cutted, tranced out hippy types in a field popped into my head . . . . or am I thinking of Osric Tentacles? Tangerine Dream?
    Was Steven Hillage the depressing one? . . . . .blimey!! my memory, will need to jump on youtube and check out, it's annoying me now.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Eeeek. Steve (not Steven, you embicile!) Hillage is pretty dire. Wrinkles face up into a face of complete blank incomprehension.

6. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

He was always pretty dire, and in 1978 hardly cutting edge, but to be fair it was an Anti-Nazi league festival at a time when the NF were limbering up.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Ha - only if you're a real saddo!