1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bronze to Silver

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by ClassroomChemist, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ClassroomChemist

ClassroomChemist New commenter

Hi,
    @TES Resource Team I've just moved into the silver bracket for sales however my royalty rate is currently bronze. Can you advise when this changes?
    Thanks

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

The royalty tiers are calculated at the start of each new calendar month, they do not change during the calendar month. This should mean that on Wednesday you'll move to the silver tier for the month. You'll maintain silver tier status for the whole month of May even if you're not on track to be in the silver tier in June. Your royalty tier will be recalculated on 1st June with respect to the previous 365 days of sales.

This is explained in more detail in our Earning Royalties FAQs.

3. ClassroomChemist

ClassroomChemist New commenter

Thanks for the swift reply. My confusion is, in part, that it states that my expected level for next month is Bronze. Sales +£1000 but still requiring more to make silver?

4. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

This is because your yearly sales include the last 365 days, tomorrow's calculation is based on the previous 364 days plus today's sales. This means that on this day last year you made more money than you have so far today - the calculator is accounting for this and is telling you how much more you need to make before the the tier recalculation takes effect at midnight tonight.

I appreciate this is initially confusing but it is the most accurate and informative display of data we can provide for you.

[Richard]