1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Broken leg

Discussion in 'Science' started by PtolemyTortoise, Dec 31, 2011.

1. PtolemyTortoise

PtolemyTortoise New commenter

I have just broken my left fibula. Hope to be in weight bearing cast by next week. I am wondering about my ability to teach normally/ run a lab practical etc. Does anyone have any experience of this ?

2. Have you not been signed off by the doctor? If you haven't then the school will need to do a risk assessment for you and make adjustments or put you on leave.

3. HI i ruptured my achilles tendon around 3 months ago and was on crutches for 9 weeks before b being put into a protective boot. I was in work the next day, but that was my personal choice because i cannot stand lazing around and would have gone stir crazy sat at home. Got a note from the doctor to say that i was for light duties.

Only problem to be aware of is swelling. Around the lab was fine with the help of a good TA. At every opportunity grab a seat and put your foot up.