1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Broken leg - need entertainment ideas!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by FollyFairy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

I am stuck at home for at least 2 - 3 weeks with a broken leg (fell down the stairs :( ) and now seeking recommendations to keep myself sane during the long, lonely days whilst my OH and family are at work/school... what would you do if you were off work and stuck immobile at home...

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

When my husband's aunt broke her leg she did a lot of homemade cards in preparation for Christmas. In fact she did lots of 'handicraft' such as patchwork squares made into a cot quilt. So what about Knitting? Embroidery? Cross-stitch? Binge watch DVDs?
    Look at your Curriculum and gather together ideas. I know when I had a 'slack period' on supply I made some teaching resources.

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Loving this idea - I used to cross-stitch and patchwork - you have reminded me of how much I used to enjoy it! Thank you!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes it's good to actually have time to pick up former hobbies. :) I keep thinking I need to pick up cross-stitch again, but as my eyesight has deteriorated I struggle to thread a needle these days.:(

FollyFairy likes this.
  5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Holiday planning. I have a massive favourites list of possible hotels, apartments, fincas, masserias, B+Bs, agriturismos etc and love researching where we might go and where we might stay.

FollyFairy and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Crochet. You can practise doing g squares to start with. Grows quickly, uses up spare yarn, what’s not to like! And you can do it from a reclining position. :D

sparkleghirl likes this.
  7. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Letter writing. You could surprise your friends and relatives by sending them a hand-written letter. You could also sort your photos out, ones you want printed, ones you want to share with people. Any films or box sets you want to catch up on? I'm just watching Kidnapped on Talking Pictures on Freeview whilst doing several other things! Some cracking old films on that channel.

And I'm very sorry about your leg, hope it's not to painful.

freckle06, FollyFairy and Lara mfl 05 like this.