1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Broken Britain!' The new dinner party drinking game for you... courtesy of the DM

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ian60, May 11, 2011.

1. ian60

ian60 New commenter

This is not a fully baked idea yet, but you may be able to help me refine this.
    The idea is that you work through the Daily Mail website, and have a drink for every cliche.

Each participant has to choose a topic, eg. "immigration", "single mothers", "youth of today" etc. You then work through the website looking at each page for stories about each particular topic
    If the words 'Outrage', 'Fury', or anything akin occur within the title, then that person has to take a double forfeit. If however, these words appear within the article, everyone else takes a forfeit.

If any of the comments by readers on the article include the words "Broken Britain" or "Liebour", you all get to take a drink and swap topics

2. Great idea, like the Jeremy Kyle bingo game students used to play! (Not me: I am ancient)

3. PS What is Liebour?

4. ian60

ian60 New commenter

'liebour' is the witty and pithy twist some DM readers put on the spelling of 'Labour' party... it's really quite clever isn't it.

5. I actually buy the demon paper for the puzzles - shows how much attention I pay to the rest! Actually it is my Guardian reader partner who usually grabs the puzzles and leaves me with the rest. I now know what causes cancer or doesn't on a daily basis. Isn't the Express even worse right wing wise? Said partner now buys the I for 20p a day. Actually that has even more and better puzzles ...

6. ian60

ian60 New commenter

I'm sorry Kinsa, but that sounds like your trying to rationalise your DM habit... drink half a glass of Beujolais!