1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Brits 2011

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Crystalsecrets, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Just watching now, how amazing was Adele, ive never really taken much notice of her stuff before but wow, that blew me away!

2. Yes, I think she has an incredibly strong, mature voice for one so young. I thought her hair was strangely old fashioned though

3. Simon Le Bon looks a bit rough

4. James Cordon is actually doing a good job, I haven't got a clue what is going on, but he seems to be keeping up

5. Adele is very good. I loved her performance. Although feeling a little fragile and it brought a tear to my eye!

6. I was only half watching Plan B's performance then looked up to see all the 'fighting' I thought 'why is noone doing anything'? Before I realised it was part of the show!

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I turned it on, watched for thirty seconds in a slackjawed way and turned it off again, I am <strike>amazed</strike> <strike>stunned</strike> <strike>surprised</strike> <strike>alarmed</strike> depressed that<strike> </strike>anything so vapid can get airtime.

8. I thought the person on fire at the end of his performance ruined it! No need for that, I suspect that will be mentioned briefly on the news this morning.

9. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

I missed Adele but think she has a great voice.

I loved PlanB's set but was slightly confused about the person on fire at the end until James Thingy pointed out it was Justin Bierber who had been overusing the hairsray. (which pleased my daughter as she hates Justin Bieber with a passion)

Loved Tinie Tempha's glasses. Also enjoyed Cee Lo Green's and Arcade Fire's sets as well.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I didn't see it but I do love Adele.
    However, I heard many of the results today and, as usual, am staggered at how few of the winners I've never heard of. I'm mean, who is Tinie Tempha? (What a stoopid name!). I'm not that old but really, I'd heard of so few of them!

11. I was given Adele's latest album (called 21) for my birthday the other day - it is fantastic. What an amazing voice. Would recommend a listen.

12. Same detail her belle du jour!
    Surely if it's spelt 'Tinie' it should be pronounced tinny not tiny!

13. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Tee hee - I dare you to go in tomorrow and start talking to your pupils about "Tinny Tempah!"
    [​IMG]

14. I will! Infact tomorrow in form time, with my form group, we are now going to be doing a music quiz!
    They don't get the question right if they don't pronounce it correctly I say!

15. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I'm getting on a bit but am delighted that Arcade Fire picked up a couple of awards: they are my favourite band and I recommend all three albums: Funeral, Neon Bible and The Suburbs.
    As for the others, I was surprised at how many songs I recognised but had no idea who sang them - Plan B being the biggest case in point.