1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Briton wins French X-Factor !

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Geekie, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Would be interesting for our students to read about his journey to the final and how he came to be in France in the first place - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13956826

2. londomolari

londomolari New commenter

Greekie, we haven't always seen eye-to-eye, I know, but I have to hand it to you, you've discovered the Holy Grail here! Kudos to you! Huzzah! Huzzah! I am sure that all pupils in England will start to see languages in a brand, new, dazzling light just because someone who, like, keeps on, like, saying like, like, has won one a cheap copy of one of the trashiest, like, shows, like, on televsion in a place, like, that they have no, like, interest, like, in visiting.
    It has excellent TWA value, I will have to give you that, but it won't convince one pupil, anywhere in the UK, to devote any more effort into learning French. That was the point of your post, wasn't it?
    Bracing for impact for telling the truth...like.
    You've made language teaching 'relevant" at any rate!
    [​IMG]

3. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Did someone say something?

4. ojala

ojala New commenter

Some Pondo person leaving a message for someone called Greekie.

Who is Greekie?

5. jt15

jt15 New commenter

Been following it with one of my Yr8 classes over the last few months. They have been supporting Marina so were a bit disappointed. They have really enjoyed it and have been watching all the performances and comments on the website at home. They've got really into it - it's been great to see how much enthusiasm they have and how they are trying to understand what the judges are saying etc.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Londo,you bad bad boy.

7. sorry - but who is Londo Molari??