1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

British gas homecare have kept me on hold for 2 years

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Lead commenter

not constantly! but every holiday and half term since autumn 2017 I have have spent a substantial amount of time on hold trying to get through to speak to a human, no luck yet

Its all very well saying you can book everything on line.. That's great, but there is a blip in my account that isn't covered by any of their auto- options.

I end every half term dreaming of their Musak

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Get someone else to service your central heating then

3. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

They can't get through to them to cancel!

4. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Try phoning the new customer line then apologising for your error and ask to be transferred.

(Used to be guaranteed to work but companies are more aware we do this now so may still say call back on the correct number.....but worth a go).

5. Corvuscorax

tried that!

6. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

What number are you calling?

7. Corvuscorax

Amazing! actually got through while complaining here that I couldn't get through!

blip resolved.

refund offered.

( after several years)

needabreak likes this.
  8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

British gas are utterly hopeless (and very expensive)

9. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Homecare drive me mad! I have a service contract with them, as does my father who lives in an annex to my house but with his own boiler/central heating system. They CANNOT work out that we have two separate accounts in two separate names with two separate telephone numbers but one postcode. They insisted on servicing Dad's boiler twice in one year and not mine, say I've paid when I haven't ( or worse, say I haven't paid when I have!) and generally muddle everything up.

Mind you, Homeserve were no better!

10. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

British gas homecare have kept me on hold for 2 years...

It wouldn’t have surprised me in the least if it had been constantly. :D

mothorchid likes this.
  11. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Wasn't there a thread here recently about how hugely overpriced their Homeserve/Homecare contract is?
    I know I don't have it and I have never had to pay £700 a year for serviceing my boiler. Nor spend hours on the phone waiting for them to notice me.
    @Corvuscorax, cancel the contract. Shop around for gas and electricity (Ovo are good, and green) and be a happier TESSER. Then spend the money you have saved on imortant things like a weekend away, or even a week - yes, it's THAT much money!

Corvuscorax and Jamvic like this.
  12. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

Find a local plumber/gas engineer. Much cheaper and in our experience better. Ask friends and neighbours for recommendations. We had our annual boiler service last week £102.

mothorchid likes this.