1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

British culture week.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lydia21, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Our is school is having a 'British culture week' in a week's time. I was just wondering if anybody had done this kinda thing before? We have a set timetable to follow, but I am struggling to come up with ideas our Geography day. Has anybody got any ideas for making landmarks of London fun for year 2? Or activities to do with the Union Jack?
    Thanks

2. Have you ever seen a board game called "The London Game"? The game itself is too complex and drawn-out for Y2, but could you steal its basic premise, which is using the Tube system to get round a group of London landmarks in the smallest number of moves possible? You could get them to find out which station they would go to in order to visit each landmark, placing pictures of the landmarks on a tube map. Maybe you could then extend them by getting them to plan a day out. Where would you like to go? Why? How would you get there? What if you wanted to go to two places in one day?

3. Isn't there a Barnaby Bear programme on London?

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

I thought the OP said British culture week, not London culture week!
    What about learning a folksong from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland?

5. Thanks guys I shall take your suggestions on board!

6. Did you manage to get any ideas on this? I'm really struggling with the Geography for our British culture week?
    Faye