1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

British Blondes...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I'm blonde, but, after giving birth to my son, I went a lovely brunette/blonde colour with reddish streaks! Hormones, no doubt. Now, in my mid-fifties, I swear my hair is going blonder and there are no grey (white, really) hairs. How lucky am I? Hormones, again.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm going blonder as I get older but it is white hairs that do it. They're so hard to see but trust me, they're there.
    I don't mind though as while all my friends are busy colouring and covering grey, I'm welcoming the white hairs as they just give me blonder hair and natural highlights.
    We are lucky indeed!

3. Dunteachin

Do you find people don't believe you when you say you never colour your hair? Mine looks like I have highlights, because there's a mixture of gold, silver, caramel, white. I love it and we are saving a fortune! I always point out my eyebrows when people doubt me. I could show them somewhere else, but that's going too far....

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sometimes yes. My hair is a spectacular shade of pale golden blonde. Very unusual and quite natural. I get ****** off when newbies at the hairdressers reach for the 'coloured hair' shampoo when they wash mine............I have a bit of an epi!
    But I dye my eyebrows and wax elsewhere!

5. Those white hairs show you carry the red gene - as you hinted at! That means both of your parents car the gene, but may not be red heads themselves as it is recessive!
    I was once bright ginger, faded to strawberry blonde and now to an undistinguished faun!
    I have white wings and so am forced into half head of colour - or I look weirdly stripey!
    I know how I will look in about 20 years as all the women on bothe sides had whiter than white hair when they got old!
    I have started buying hats!

6. Dunteachin

Genes are fascinating! I like to think I'm descended from the Vikings. Sounds like Belle might be with that pale blonde hair.