1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bringing poetry to life

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by clara13, May 6, 2012.

1. I've got a interview and have been told that I've got a year5 class where I have 20 mins to bring poetry to life. Any ideas?

2. I've got a interview and have been told that I've got a year5 class where I have 20 mins to bring poetry to life. Any ideas?

3. RGJM2012

RGJM2012 New commenter

Please Mrs Butler by Allan Ahlerg. Read the poem to the children bringing as much drama in to it as you can. Split the class into two groups, one group to be the child, one group to be the the teacher. Let them read through, give 5 mins peer talk time to decide voices to do, actions etc then bring it back together to read as a class. You could them facing each other. There will be giggles and silly behaviour after but this gives you the opportunity to show you can manage this, plus it has nice cross curricular links to seal re falling out, feeling frustrate, not listened to etc.

Hope that helps xx

4. F1sydney

F1sydney New commenter