1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bringing children's work to interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Beetucks, Nov 7, 2011.

1. [​IMG] 1 Posted by: Beetucks 07/11/2011 at I have been applying for primary teaching jobs and most schools expect to see a portfolio or children's work. I wasn't expecting this and didn't bring any from my previous job. I have registered for supply and hope to be able to get some suitable pieces of work. What do the panel want to see?
    </td></tr></table>

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

First of heard of this, though it's been years since my last interview.

3. Certainly if you are opting for supply (if you can get any) it is highly unlikely you would be asked for any evidence. In 35 years I've never shown any children's work.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I had a Heads up a few years back on this (through reading on this forum) and have now built up a number of items, Examples (phocopies of originals) of HA MA & LA stories when I worked witha class for a week, examples of resources I've planned for colleagues, copy of a lesson observation feedback, examples of AfL and a photo of a display amongst other items.
    Last time I did an interview I was the only one who brought anything like that though.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Seriously? I know of none at all that would want to or would have the time to look.

And all HTs I know would be very aware that any brought would not reflect work done on a bog standard day in a big standard lesson, so what would be the point?

Nonsense.

And if you read the thread from July, about letting children take work home and who owns the work and all that jazz, allowing a supply or student teacher to take children's work from the school to another school is hugely unlikely to be allowed.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So, looks as if I might have to take the children's resources out of my pack, though in fact they were done in 'bog standard lessons, as part of what I did!

7. Nothing wrong with photocopying work samples and making a folder up for your own use as examples of what you have taught. I took to an interview examples of work children had done in my class during my teaching practise and it got me the job.
    Children don't have copyright over the work they do in class as far as I am aware. I can't see an 8 year old minding too much either.