1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bring One Object to Interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by muscroftruby, Mar 25, 2017.

1. muscroftruby

muscroftruby New commenter

Hello!

I'm currently on a SCITT course and I have been applying for jobs for the past few weeks.

Yesterday I got a call to say that I have been shortlisted for an interview at a lovely school.

I've been asked to bring in one object to engage a 20 min discussion with a group of lower key stage 2 children.

I was thnking maybe a globe or a fossil or something like that but then I'm not sure.

I know that my strengths lie in communicating with children so I'm not worried about chatting with them but I want the object to be
    something really interesting and I was thinking maybe people would have some tips?

Any advice welcome,

Thank you!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

First, stop thinking in terms of object and start thinking in terms of Objectives.

What do you want the children to be able to achieve in the sesion? that needs to be clear and measurable. Then you can start thinking of an object.

minnie me and muscroftruby like this.
  3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ooh, she's clever you know! :):):):).

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If you're referring to me I do need to proofread before clicking Post though.;)

lindenlea likes this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well first off I would avoid any school that asked me to bring an object to interview ;) but agree that you need to prioritise your OUTCOMES. Anyone can chat to children and think they are good at it !

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter