1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back the job search map- start the petition here

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Robert Pennington sr, Nov 21, 2011.

1. call me paranoid, but I was wondering whether this was a deliberate attempt to mask the dirth of jobs since the coalition came to power...I'll blame them anyway, but I too have the feeling I'm missing something. You used to be able to see how many jobs there were in a county and whether there were any new ones. Now you have to type in the county or regions name because, AND THIS IS THE POINT TES, you might want to look for more than one subject or role.

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

Petition signed - Mr Cattaway Stopwatch
    Bring back the map I say!

3. Absolutely agree. Petition signed

4. blackandamber100

blackandamber100 New commenter

I agree, bring back the map!

5. Map please. Am not liking the new system and find it difficult to perform a search. Too many steps.

6. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

A simple search by subject or role would be enough. A map would be nice too. Bump

7. Let's have the old page back! I don't like the new one at all...

8. I would like the Map back.

9. The new search is rubbish.
    Bring back the old one.

10. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

I think the map is back
    On another note, search:
    Overseas/Asia/UAE/Primary - no Deputy heads jobs
    Overseas/Asia/UAE/Deputy Heads - Deputy Heads jobs come up
    Shouldn't 'Primary' encompass all jobs in Primary?
    I'm sure there are other anomolies

11. all credit to the TES team for listening to us and dramatically improving the site in the last few days.

12. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

The TES is now suggesting that due to their "new and improved" website my School should pay more for advertising on their electronic version of the local barn door. I am going to suggest that they actually offer schools an additional discount in light of the structural weakness still apparent in their brave new world. It just does not work. Gail, did you ever answer Perce's question?

13. Apologies for not spotting this thread earlier.
    We made some changes to TES Jobs on 29th November which added a map view of the jobs available at www.tes.co.uk/jobs. Click on UK from the map and you can then use the location filters down the left hand side to drill down to your county and view all jobs available.
    Regarding searches for Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher, etc these are all listed under Leadership and you won't find them under Primary or Secondary which are listed under Teaching & Lecturing.
    Best wishes
    Bev